From determining your home's value to closing day, learn more about the home selling process.
The decision to sell your home is a big one. Whether this will be your first time on the selling side of the real estate process or you’ve done it several times before, we would love to assist you with the sale of your home. Our trusted RE/MAX® agents can help you navigate the process and help answer any questions you may have.
Home Selling Guide
1. Choose a RE/MAX Agent
The best thing you can do to make the selling process as quick and as easy as possible is to hire a real estate professional — and our RE/MAX agents are here to help every step of the way. We can offer cutting-edge technology, comprehensive marketing strategies, and can effectively and efficiently guide you through the real estate process. We understand the nuances of the market and can work with you to determine a competitive and fair price for your home.
2. Prepare Your Home for Sale
Before you list your home, you’ll want to make sure your home is as marketable as possible. You may want to consider some repairs that could help add value to your property, such as fixing any water damage or foundation concerns. Even small cosmetic changes can have a big impact in the eyes of a buyer, such as replacing outdated light fixtures or giving your home a fresh coat of paint. Your agent can work with you to help identify updates that may help increase the value of your home.
3. Determine Your Home’s Value
Choosing the right price for your home is one of the most important components of the selling process. While online estimates can be a good place to start, your agent will be able to provide a more accurate estimate based on local trends, the condition of your home, similar homes in the area, and more. Equipped with the insight and knowledge on the real estate market, you can rest assured knowing your RE/MAX agent is committed to finding a fair value for your home.
4. Accept the Offer
Once your home is on the market and a buyer is interested, he or she will submit an offer to your agent through their own agent. While the offer may differ from your asking price, you are able to reject or counter it if you’d like. Once you accept an offer, you’ll be officially under contract! During the due-diligence period between signing the purchase agreement and closing the sale of your home, your agent can help you understand the conditions, provisions, and obligations of your contact.
5. Close on Your Home
Once you’ve gone through the process you are ready to officially sell your home! You’ll sit down and sign paperwork with the help of your agent and transfer the ownership of your home to the buyer. Now it’s time to celebrate — you’ve just sold your home and are ready to move on to your next adventure.
Marketing Your Property
Our RE/MAX agents have access to advanced technology and marketing strategies, and have the knowledge and expertise to help sell your home. A few highlights include:
- Online Listing for Your Home: Online listings feature information specific to each property and the surrounding area, as well as a property image. An invaluable marketing tool, the property image gives potential buyers an instant preview, which saves time and visually sparks interest.
- Mobile Presence: Prospective buyers will be able to access the same great search technology available on our website while on the go! Our home search app is available for both iOS and Android devices, increasing the opportunity for your home to be shown to potential buyers anywhere and at any time.
- Advanced Marketing: We have advanced marketing and digital strategies that can help drive more traffic to your listing. The RE/MAX network of agents is one of the largest in the country and can be a great resource for spreading the word about your property by word of mouth, online marketing, and other advertising opportunities.